Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Haiti

One of the things that I truly love about my kids is that they really have a giving spirit, especially when it comes to other children. I was glued to the news about Haiti for the first week after the quake and trying to do everything that I could to see if we can help the orphanages there. I decided to turn the news off during the daytime because my kids were getting too wrapped up in it, but Destiny said the sweetest thing that I wanted to share.

Destiny told us tonight "Mom, we need to go to Haiti and help all of the people." Rob asked her "what could you do to help?" She said "Give 'em band-aids for their scratches." I love her simple, kind heart and her wonderful compassion. :-)

Naturally, we explained that professionals would be much more valuable on the ground in Haiti--so we recommended she channel her energy into prayers for those affected by the earthquake.

No comments: