Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2: Stop the Cavalry

This holiday season, one military family that I know is relocating, several others have members deployed, and many more are dealing still with recovery from the most recent deployment. This brought to mind a very favorite Christmas song from when I was little (I honestly think I was twenty before I had any idea what this song was about). My kids also, love Jona Lewie's classic "Stop the Calvary."

I hope you'll remember this one, and our troops and the families who sacrifice so much this holiday season (and always for that matter).

If you don't have a solider of your own to support, there's a few days left to send a note of thanks to someone who sacrifices so we all can be free. You can send a note via the Red Cross Holiday Cards for Heroes program until 12/10/10.

No comments: