Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sisters video

The quality is especially low I'm afraid, but here's some candid video of the girls goofing around in the living room a few days ago. :) Today we made popcorn balls. Initally Melat was disqusted, but after we broke hers up a bit she liked it. She disagrees with practically any foods. For those who are curious the accepted foods are: Bread (Dabo) Bananas (She knows this well enough in English to ask for Bananas) Nutella (chocolate-hazlenut peanut butter stuff) White rice, with NOTHING Macaroni with nothing Popcorn (the kind cooked on the stove, don't even try microwave....) Kim-Chee flavored ramen noodles French Fries Green beans (raw) Any fried meat that you can pass off as "tibs" an Ethiopian dish. Lentils Oatmeal, plain. Cracklin' oat bran She's totally meticulious. She doesnt' loose anything. I think if I gave her 30 grains of rice in the morning and asked her to save them for evening time she'd still have every one of them accounted for even a week later. Yesterday we had a pretty quiet day at home doing as little as possible. Destiny did her chores, and we put up haloween decorations. We went for a walk in the wind, and Melat screeched and screamed every time we didn't have our heads covered with a hat or scarf. We walked along the sidewalk and kicked up leaves (we have great maple trees around here!). She climbed the rope ladder at Pirate Ship Park up about 6.5 feet without difficulty or hesitation to go down the slide. (My nerves are shot!) Well, that's my update for now, I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already. Time flies!

4 comments:

Kelly Coughlan said...

Destiny--CUTE hair!!! Good dancin' too!

Cyndi said...

Hi Jessica!! We have been thinking about your family so much in the past few weeks, praying for everyone's transition. The sisters are so cute together! Destiny is just as precious as I imagined her to be, and it's so good to see Melat. Wow! I can't wait to check back in on you from time to time and "see" you. We really enjoyed getting to know you in ET.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

I can't believe how grown up Destiny looks. Love her hair! I check your blog daily to see how things are going - everything seems to be going fairly smoothly. That's good to hear. I look forward to seeing and hearing more from you.

Holly said...

Too cute Jess!
Are you all over the jet lag yet, or still working on it?
I know it took me like a month when we got home from China.
Melat's hair is awesome! I love it all free like that!
Hugs,
Holly