Friday, October 3, 2008

Zzzzzzzz........zzzzzz.....zzzzz

So, bedtime is tough as expected for Melat. She likes to sing songs--Twinkle twinkle, ABCs, Jesus Loves Me, and sometimes she makes up songs in broken English-Amharic mixed up sentences.

The songs were going on a long time, so tonight I decided to turn off the lights, and sing songs and then be as boring as possible, so she'll just fall asleep. (I still have to sit in her room I think---or I'll be battling her in and out of her room all the time, and I don't want to turn bedtime into a scheduled war).

Tonight I sang her three songs: ABCs, "Twinkle Twinkle" and Sweet Violets. (Destiny's request on that last one). Then I tried to sit in the 1/2 size rocking chair, but was too tired to sit still on that tiny little chair, so I curled up on the foot of her bed. She continued playing and singing under her breath little made-up songs, but occasionally put a big fake honking snore in there (for my benefit I think). It was hilarious.

No comments: