Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ahhhh!!!!! (Sept. 18th 2008)

It's thursday evening almost 5pm, and we still have no Visa. The
Embassay closes for the weekend, so if we don't get our Visa tomrorow
morning, we won't be home until Tuesday late at the VERY earliest.

I'm so ready to go home....

Today we went to the National Museum and saw the real "Lucy" They
had some really good exhibits including Haile Selassie's throne and
royal robes, and the crown jewels of Ethiopia.

Melat didn't go on that adventure, she wanted to stay behind, which is
OK becuase there's a babysitter on staff at the guesthouse, and she
was being a pill.

Rob, will you pick up some antifungal ointment? Melat and I both have
mosquito bites that I think have contracted ringworm (it's a wonder
everyone doesnt' have it with the humidity here). It will be nice to
have that there when we get home.

We're still having a good time, but the weather has turned for the
worst so we get a little cabin fever trying not to get too far away
(the flooding is getting really bad, and even with the generator we
spent much of the past day without power, and all of the night). I'm
really glad I brought a book, and the new laptop has great battery
life. It's very hard to get Melat to bed, so I put her in her jammies
in the bed and she watches what she calls "WOOSHA"--Amharic for dog--
(The old Merry Melodies short "Bartholomew vs. the Wheel") It's only
about four minutes long, so as we crawl into bed, she slaps me awake
every four minutes shouting "WOOSHA!!"

Better that than non-stop screaming. Ususually she'll watch it a dozen
times or so and tuck herself in and go to sleep.

Well, that's my update for now--please keep praying for a speedy visa!

Jess

No comments: