Hello all!!
(mom--OK to post)
We're on our way home! Melat's visa was approved today, but none of the airlines are flying today. We'll leave tomorrow. We're coming home on NWA flight 0033, arriving on Friday (Laura, could I trouble you for a pickup with the super-van since with a cars eat and all of us and our stuff I don't think we'll fit in either of the Ward cars?).
This morning was a bit of a panic. Ato Teklu phoned us and asked us to come to the embassy immediately because we were missing one more paper. Sure enough, I had a critical piece of paper that I hadn't turned it--but did have with me in good condition, and complete--and
he needed us to come right away, so we called a taxi and waited. Then he called again and said, by the way, we need to be there in 25 minutes (we are at least 35 minutes away). Our trusty taxi driver did his best and we arrived just a few minutes late, but the nice people at the Embassy (who I do think are tired of seeing Melat and I and perhaps even Ato Teklu as he's been going straight to the office every day since phone calls aren't very reliable) waited and gave us the Visa. I was so happy, and so relieved.
Last night I had the best dream, I dreamed that I was in the rite aid buying teatree oil for Melat's molluscum, and anti-fungal ointment for the ringworm I've managed to get all over my face. (Skin and scalp fungus's are HUGE problems here in the orphanages, especially this
time of year because everything is so damp).
We tried again to reach Melat's birthmom with no luck. It's sad because she has called and expressed interest in meeting us, and Ivery much would like to meet her but we just haven't been able to connect-we keep missing one another. I know she lives near the airport, so perhaps tomorrow (we're going to go with friends and stay at their guesthouse most of the day tomorrow for the sake of being close to the city before we all have to leave for the airport
together) we'll have a chance.
We look forward to seeing you all very soon!!
Jessica
2 comments:
Jessica! way cool you have the visa! I ave loved following your trip on the blog. Ring worm on the face....it ALWAYS happens to me n adoption trips! It is because of it being on the child's head and laying my cheek or chin on top of thier head, Good reminder from you to me to bring meds for it on our visit trip next week. Sorry I'll miss you in Addis but hope to meet you in Seattle some time
Love and happy hugs,
Julee
http://stillwaterjulee.blogspot.com/
Yay!! It's such a relief to know you got the green light. Can't wait to have you back and I'm sure you're excited to get home to your family and your own bed (and shower, ha).
Post a Comment