Melat is confused about the whole Mother's Day thing. She keeps talking about "The Mother's Day Foot" Rob is thinking this is a distant relative of The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and Uncle Sam. She has kept the mother's day gifts she was planning to give me and says she's saving them for "the foot." We're all befuddled, but figure it will work out later.
Every day is an adventure with our kids. :) I love being "mom" even if I'm not as cool as a foot.
-Jess
4 comments:
I googled Ethiopia and mother's day foot and found...nothing. HA! Did you tell Melat Mother's Day was a day moms were suppose to be waited on 'hand & foot'? Maybe Melat's confused about how to wait on your foot (except by standing on it for any length of time).
Maybe she is thinking of something like a Christmas stocking? That's what popped into my mind anyway. Too cute! What a funny little kid.
OK--mother's day has passed. What was "THE FOOT?"
We still have no idea what the "foot" was. Perhaps she was saying "food?" The jar lives in the dollhouse full of the plastic ABC magnets. I'm guessing it's "food" for something. Her imagination play can be very, very imaginative.
Post a Comment