Friday, May 1, 2009

Seattle's Child



If you arrived here by way of the Seattle's Child article, thanks for visiting, I'm glad you came.

If you're looking for more resources about adopting a child with HIV/AIDS or adopting from Ethiopia, we haven't written much on that recently, so use the search bar at the top left of the screen for your search terms, or leave me a comment, and I'll reply by post or email. I'm happy to be a resource for any family.

I cannot say enough good things about the care that our daughter recieved in Ethiopia. Ethiopians truly care for children and treat the children very, very well. It's a wonderful, respectful culture that matches our family's values well, so we are happy to embrace and teach our kids about this wonderful country.

We participate in local Ethiopian cultural activities including dance, and cooking classes. Also, our little girl who is Orthodox (we are Lutheran) likes to watch Orthodox masses on YouTube. (How cool is that?)

Thanks again for visiting, jump in the discussion or send me an email anytime.

Here are a few posts you might like to see to get the "whirlwind tour" of our family.


2nd Child
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/12/first-thanksgiving.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/11/update-on-life-at-our-house.html
Big sister trying to get out of a little sister

HIV/AIDS
TV Show: Facing Life Head On
The Plight of Aids Orphans

Ethiopia Travel Saga (3 weeks of posts)
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/from-jessica-recd-9608-330-am.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/from-jessica-2-recd-9608-330-am.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/from-jess-recd-91008-10pm-us8am.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/from-jess-recd-912-10am-our-time.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/monday-915.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/melat.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/t-in-pink-shirt-and-melat-at-meat-shack.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/sept-15-t-and-melat-at-fruit-stands.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/tuesday-916.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/ahhhh-sept-18th-2008.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/from-jess-91908-friday.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/yeah.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/today-was-12-working-days-after-we.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/10/video-playing-with-toys.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/hello-all-mom-ok-to-post-were-on-our.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/ato-teklu-director-from-agency-is.html
http://jessc098.blogspot.com/2008/09/were-home.html

1 comment:

Laura said...

That is a darling picture of you guys :)