Monday, July 14, 2008

Kids say funny stuff!

A few recent Destiny funnies....

A neighbor had her bulldog puppy Lucy over, and Destiny noticed that it had nipples, and asked if it had puppies. She said, no, she's just a puppy, and besides, she couldn't handle a bunch more Lucys running around. Destiny said, "well, you don't have to name them all Lucy you know."

As we're expecting to bring our new adopted daughter home soon, we're busy preparing for a toddler in the house (a new experience for us!). We spent the weekend shopping with a girlfriend who has a two-year old. I told Destiny to pay attention, because we're studying toddlers. We have to learn all we can about them so we're ready. She said "I know all about them I had one once-- (a brother in FL)-- They wear pull-ups, so when they spell really bad you have to smell their pull-up, not their armpits!"

Also, in the getting ready for a sister vein....I wanted to go up to Seattle where there's a really lovely second-hand children's store that gets all the best stuff. Destiny was totally dragging her feet on this (sure mom...buy stuff for the new kid and I just get to stand around and watch..) we eventually arrived at the second hand store and walked in, where Destiny put her hands on her hips and exclaimed "So! this is where you buy stuff for second-kids!"

It might have been one of those "had to be there moments" but Rob and I were cracking up.

No comments: