Our court date for our new daughter is tomorrow (7/31) and we should know by Friday or Monday how it went. We're eagerly awaiting a fax showing an outline of our new daughter's foot, so we know what size shoes to take to Ethiopia. (A true sign you're an adoptive family--when you meet your child by "foot fax").
Also, it's looking like I'll be traveling either 8/28 or 9/4 (tentatively, and only assuming we get a positive outcome from court tomorrow). I'll be in Ethiopia for about three weeks, including 9/11, which is the Ethiopian new year. I'm looking forward to diving into Ethiopian New Year celebrtations and learning how it's done. I'll take lots of video (all that I can respectfully and tastefully), and update you all with what I learn. Keep checking my blog for more frequent updates as well as photos (I can post those after we've learned that court had a positive outcome!).
1 comment:
Gosh I am jealous that you will be able to be there for the new year. how cool!
Have fun!
Post a Comment