Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Countdown begins

Just one week to go. I leave for Ethiopia one week from today.

I'm so excited to meet our new daughter, and I feel so priveledged to have this opportunity (thanks Rob and Destiny) to go visit Ethiopia in person, to record some memories for Melat, and learn about the culture so we can preserve and celebrate it to the best of our abilities here at home.

Today we're rounding up the last few notaries, finding that #)*)%#)*% 2007 tax return (thanks to Megan at the agency who kept a copy for us, when ours was lost in a computer crash). Just in the middle of printing up the last of the douments we needed, the computer ran out of ink, so Rob's off to locate that at the store.

I'm starting to think about what clothes/shoes to pack, and what to do at the airport (I grabbed a couple favorite movies and tossed them in the bag). Well, here goes nothing, but all that I can think of through all of this is hugging our little girl for the very first time.

No comments: