Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pike Place Market


I'm headed off to Ethiopia in a few days, so we're spending this Labor Day Weekend with friends and family.
Today we went to Pike Place market. We pretty much ate our way through the market (as usual) We came home with no pretty flowers or flying fish, but full bellies and stiff legs.

We ate lunch at Pike Place Brewery (is that the name of it?) Anyhow, our verdict is great beer, crummy food, even Destiny wanted to know why they only put pickles on the burger and how mayo became "secret sauce." We stopped in the morning for a meat-pie at the Pirosky shop--Destiny was thrilled to have eaten at the same establishment that Anthony Bordain (of the Food Network) has. One of her favorite shows.

We had a very good time. We also visited the piers and waterfront (LOTS of weddings today). I don't recall how it came up but somehow we were discussing phoning my mom. Rob said "I would like my mother-in-law's phone number."

Destiny said "you have a mother in law?" We explained that yes, Grandma Kelly (my mom) is dad's Mother-in-law.

Destiny looked very worried and concerned and said: "Does she know?"

On the way home, we took the long way across the 520 floating bridge and we were discussing the UW interview of Bill Gates that we had seen last night (relevant also because of the Gates' Foundation's humanitarian work in Ethiopia). I pointed out to Desitny Bill Gates' home--and she said "when I grow up, I'd like to be Bill Gates, except not Bill, I'd like to be Destiny Gates."

She cracks me up.

No comments: