Ok, so I need to relax. My last post was tense. I've been tired and cranky--the hot weather here in the great PNW has been taking its toll on me and between the warm nights and the stress and excitement of preparing to bring our daughter home, I've been a little extra sleepy (read: cranky).
I need to remember to see the silver lining in this situation.
Not being able to travel Ethiopia with Melat will mean that I miss out on the experience of seeing her country with her, and being able to show her the photos when she grows up, but it does mean that I don't have to worry about the safety and abilty to travel with a toddler. I must remember, I'm new at this toddler thing, and I'm far from an experienced traveler.
Also, while the airfare and travel time are outrageous, I do have the ability to travel, and it has only been a few months since we started this adoption process. I know many others who are waiting years beyond referral in other countries, and here we are bringing our daughter home nine months after our adoption application.
Besides, I budgeted for travel, so while it's shocking, I am traveling farther than I have ever have before, and it's planned for, so I should be thanking my lucky stars!
I'll have time every day (I hope) to play with Melat where she's comfortable. We'll play games and make baloon animals (I'm taking 1200 baloons to Ethiopia to make animals for the kids), and visit with her, so she's not so frightened of me.
Also, there's five other families traveling at the same time that we are--and all are from Washington!! How cool is that? We'll have "traveling buddies!"
Well, that's what I've got for now,
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment